Friday, April 21, 2006

Last Will and Testament of Jesus Christ

Our class has finished the Book of Luke and are moving on to Acts. This weeks' lesson is directly about missions. Before we moved on, I wanted to summarize what we learned. Being a lawyer, i decided to do it by drafting the Last Will and Testament of Jesus Christ. That is what follows below. Besure to see the footnotes.

LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT OF JESUS CHRIST

I, JESUS CHRIST, also known by more than 140 others names including, but not limited to Lord; Master; The Amen; the Faithful and True Witness; Alpha and Omega, First and Last; Only Begotten Son; Word of God; Beloved Son of God; Blessed and Only Potentate; The Bridegroom; Messiah; Anointed One: Chosen One; The Head of the Church; Consolation of Israel; Emmanuel/Immanuel, God with us; Savior; Messiah; King; being of sound and disposing mind and memory and over the age of eighteen (18) years and not being actuated by any duress, menace, fraud, mistake, or undue influence, do hereby make, publish, and declare this to be my last Will, hereby expressly revoking all Wills and Codicils to Wills previously made by me.

I. PARTIES

I declare that I am not now and have never been married.[1] However, my Father in Heaven is preparing a spiritual Bride for me[2]. I declare that I have no physical children. I declare that I have one Father, known alternately, among others as God, Elohim, YHWH, Jehovah, Adonai, Theos, Deus, hereinafter referred to as my Father in Heaven.

I declare that my Mother is Mary of Nazareth, of the Tribe of Judah, a descendant of King David, hereinafter referred to as “my Mother.” I further acknowledge her husband, Joseph, Son of Heli[3] my Earthly guardian and mentor who predeceased me. I acknowledge my Earthly brothers, among them are: James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas[4] and my sisters whose names and number I pretermit here.

II. BEQUESTS:

It is my intention by the making of this Will to dispose of all the possessions that have been entrusted to me by my Father in Heaven of which I am permitted to dispose. I hereby will, devise, give, and bequeath unto the persons named below, if he or she survives me, the Property described below:

1. To my Mother, I leave the remaining portion of the gold, frankincense and myrrh brought to me by the Persian Wise Men [5] and the memory of all that has happened that she may ponder them and treasure them in her heart. [6]
2. To my brothers and sisters in Nazareth, I declare that I no Earthly property to leave, no home or place to lay my head.[7]
3. To the angels attending my birth, I leave the promise of my return to their presence as they are eternally with my Father in Heaven.[8]
4. To the Shepherds also in attendance, I leave the joy they knew that night which shall never diminish but shall only grow and grow.[9]
5. To Simeon and Anna in the Temple of Jerusalem, who predeceased me, I have already given the right to be with my Father in Heaven based on their faithfulness and recognition of me.[10]
6. To my boyhood friends in Nazareth, I leave the happy memories of joyous days of childhood and my thanks for their friendship. I further leave my regrets that they later in life rejected me to their own detriment. [11]
7. To the Rabbis in Jerusalem who listened to me as a 12 year old boy, I leave my thanks for their attention and tolerance with the childish questions of a neophyte learner.[12]
8. To the people of Capernaum, I leave my thanks for allowing me to live among them and for hearing my gospel.[13]
9. To Simon Peter I leave forgiveness three times over and the keys to the Kingdom of the ministry to the Jews.[14]
10. To my other disciples, hereinafter referred to with Simon Peter as the Twelve, namely: Andrew, James, John, Phillip, Bartholomew, Matthew, Thomas, James Ben Alphaeus and Simon Zealotes, I leave the seeds which I planted in them.[15]
11. To the people at the mount, I leave the truths I taught them.[16]
12. To the Roman Centurion, I leave a healthy servant[17]
13. To the followers of John the Baptist, I leave my thanks for preparing the Way.[18]
14. To “Sinful Woman” at the Pharisee’s house, I leave a legacy of remembrance that will endure as long as does the Bible.[19]
15. To Legion, the Gadarene Demoniac, I leave freedom from the chains of demonic possession.[20]
16. To Jarius’ daughter, I leave life.[21]
17. To the woman with the discharge of blood, I leave healing that shall never end.[22]
18. To the 5,000 who I feed, I leave my Body which is broken for them – take and eat. [23]
19. To my 72 ambassadors, I leave the ability to live as sheep among a world of wolves.[24]
20. To Mary, Martha and Lazarus, I leave my friendship which shall endure the test of time.[25]
21. To the Pharisees, I leave the meaning of the parables of the 3 lost things and my sadness that they led in error.[26]
22. To the ten lepers, I leave healing as white as snow. Though their sins be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.[27]
23. To all the little children, I leave the ability to enter the Kingdom of Heaven and declare that unless all of us become like them, we shall not so do.[28]
24. To the Blind Beggar on the Jericho Road, I leave sight greater than that of most men.[29]
25. To Zacchaeus, I leave an open invitation to “dinner at my place.”[30]
26. To the Temple Authorities in Jerusalem, I leave great regret that you along with the Sadducees, Pharisees, Levites and Priests missed the great blessing that my Father in Heaven had for the people whom you led.[31]
27. To the Widow who gave the mite, I leave the knowledge that the mite has grown to a talent and to a gerah as your example lives from generation to generation.[32]
28. To Judas who betrayed me, I leave the woe you have brought upon yourself.[33]
29. To the soldiers and authorities who arrested me and the Romans who crucified me, I leave my forgiveness, you did not know what you were doing.[34]
30. To Simon the Cyrene, I leave the blessing of carrying someone else’s cross.[35]
31. To Pilate and Herod, I leave the knowledge that you shall be judged as you have judged. [36]
32. To Nicodemus and Joseph of Arimathea, I leave the blessing having known the Truth and having buried it, seen it live again.[37]
33. To the women who buried me and then found me go, I leave that eternal joy you first knew when you realized that I was risen just as I said.[38]
34. To the relatives on the Road to Emmaus, I leave the teaching and the bread that shall never go stale.[39]

III. LAST INSTRUCTIONS – COMMISSION

I declare that it is my desire and my commandment that you and each of you love one another as I have loved you and that as you go out into Jerusalem, Judea and Samaria and even on to the ends of the world, that you will take Me with you and break me off and give me away to all those you meet that you all may come to live with me in Father’s house where there are many mansions.[40]

XII. SEVERABILITY AND SURVIVAL:

If any part of this Will is declared invalid, illegal, or inoperative for any reason, it is my intent that the remaining parts shall be effective and fully operative, and that any Court so interpreting this Will and any provision in it construe in favor of survival.


IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I, JESUS CHRIST, hereby set my hand to this last Will and Testament. So let it be written, so let it be done.



/S/ JESUS CHRIST_______________________ [Signature]



Witnesses:
Witness our hands and seals.
/S/ God the Father
/S/ God the Holy Spirit
[1] Assertions in The DiVinci Code notwithstanding
[2] Rev. 21:9
[3] Luke 3:23
[4] Matt. 13:55
[5] Matt. 2:11
[6] Luke. 2:19
[7] Matt. 8:20
[8] Luke 2:9-13
[9] Luke 2:8-10
[10] Luke 2:25-39
[11] Luke 2:41 and 4:14
[12] Luke 2:49
[13] Luke 4:24
[14] Matt. 16:19; Luke 5:8, 22:54, 24:12; John 25:15-18
[15] Luke 6:13-16
[16] Luke 6:20
[17] Luke 7:1
[18] Luke 7:18
[19] Luke 7:36
[20] Luke 8:26
[21] Luke 8:40
[22] Luke 8:43
[23] Luke 9:13
[24] Luke 10:1
[25] Luke 10:38
[26] Luke 14:1; 15:1
[27] Luke 17:11
[28] Luke 18:15
[29] Luke 18:35; 23:26
[30] Luke 19:12
[31] Luke 20:11
[32] Luke 21:1
[33] Luke 22:1
[34] Luke 22:47; 22:63
[35] Luke 23:6
[36] Luke, Chapter 23
[37] Luke 23:50
[38] Luke 22:55
[39] Luke 24:13
[40] Matt. 28:19:20; Acts 1:8

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

Unknown said...

Awesome!!!!
I claimed it for me & mines!!!

Unknown said...

Awesome!!!!
I claimed it for me & mines!!!